Monport K40 laser etching coated aluminum tags double etching some of the script

I have already checked the mirror alignment and the laser is firing correctly with only one location. I have tried different fonts to see if it changes and it has not. I will try to add some pictures showing what is being engraved and I just need to know what else I can do to try and make this print correctly. I thought that it was the laser itself, but after running the laser tests and all being good. I am down to the Lightburn software and what I can change to fix the issue.

Thanks!

You need to post photos of what you have done and what you are expecting…

As a new user, you’re posts w/photos are limited. If this becomes an issue, we can ask for your level to be increased so you can post more photos.

You will have to explain what this means…

:smile_cat:

Co2 and remove anodizing or coatings, but is not a good vehicle for metal or reflective surfaces.

These look more brass like and aluminum… I can’t tell too well from the photo… However this coating may be a problem for a co2.

I don’t see anywhere you have a clear removal of the coating. I can’t really see what this coating is. The other graphics appear to be stamped and filled with a black ink…

You might do better with something like LBT100 or Cermark products to mark these.

Your interval isn’t what I think it should be, so you might try watching this video from Laser Everything that explains interval very well, even though the video is on photo engraving.

Let us know how you’re doing, maybe we can add more to help you.

:smile_cat: