Move distance increment

Hi all. Is there a way to change the default behaviour of the ‘Distance’ setting on the ‘Move’ tab? By default, the mouse wheel increments the number by 10 and if I hold the shift key down then the mouse wheel increments by 100.
I have my computer on the opposite side of the room than the laser but with a wireless mouse I can operate LightBurn from there to move the laser and having the ability to jump from large movements to 1 or 2mm on each click of the direction buttons would be great. I have no control of the laser while it is connected to the computer (CNC 3018 + laser).

Kind regards
Barry

And what happens if you do the same holding the CTRL key?

You can press Shift, Ctrl, Shift+Ctrl, or Alt to alter the distance traveled when you click the jog buttons.

Ah, I got it wrong. Shift key changes the value by 10, CTRL changes by 100 and just the mouse wheel by itself changes by 10.

I must be blind. Just went to try this out and noticed that when the courser sits above the x and y buttons, the CTRL and Shift key functions are displayed as you mention but not the Shift+CTRL or ALT.
So setting the distance value to 10mm will work for me knowing that I can make larger jumps or 1mm movements with CTRL+Shift.
What would be really cool is if the positions were updated after a move so you don’t have to press the ‘Get Position’ button.
Many thanks for the replies.
Time for some more fun…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.