Moving the laser on Y before starting the job

I have the Xtool S1 which I’m using only with the Lightburn. With the help of Xtool Team we solved many issues, but now they won’t respond any more. Apparently I’m the only one who uses the S1 with Lightburn. I really tried the XCS but it’s nothing compared to Lightburn.

So the issue I have is with the rotary. The laser red pointer is offset by 26.28mm on the Y axis. So the head should move on the Y axis for 26.28mm just before the start and return by -26.28mm after it completes the job. I had to disable Laser Offset in the Lightburn, because this would rotate the rotary, which is not ok. It should move the laser head, not the rotary.

Then I started to mess with the start and end GCode. To manually move the laser head by 26.28mm. But this moved the head to absolute position and not relative from where it currently is. I kinda solve this by using absolute coordinates, but this is not optimal for different objects in the rotary.

Please if anyone with the knowledge of GCode could help me write the right GCode?

Thank you for your time and effort!

START CODE:
$L
M109 S1
M96 S0
M110 X1Y1Z1
M7 S1
G1 Y26.28 ;Offset laser before switching Y axisx to rotary
M117 A2B4 ;Switch Y axis to the Rotary

END CODE:
M117 A2B2 ;Switch Y axis to the Laser
G1 Y-26.28 ;Return laser
M6

Maybe G91 instead of G1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.