Multiple firmware updates

I’m still pretty new to my laser. I have the ortur lm3 10a and discovered there are multiple firmware updates that were not done. Can i do the most recent feb2023 and have it cover all the updates? Know it sounds like awierd question, but i know how electronics can be.

Hi Angela

in your console type $i
press enter
Scroll all the way up and copy/pate here the output

Latest firmware for OLm3 is 211, which version do you have?

OLF version is 207

From ortur support website

1. Firmware Instructions
    The firmware Instructions Here are the firmware installation and operation instructions.
    2.ESP_OLM3_V210_230223*
    Download and unzip this file please
    Download Link: ESP_OLM3_V211_230223.zip
    Extract zip file into desktop.
    Inside it, you will see a ESP_OLM3_2010.bin file
    Now with your machine connected via USB to your computer.
    Tap the reset button once to turn off your ORTUR
    Then do this sequence carefully:
    PRESS and hold the reset button on the back of the motherboard. Do not release
    Count 3 seconds
    PRESS also and hold the power button. Do not release
    Count to 3 seconds
    Release Reset Button
    Count 1 second
    Release Power Button
    Now your computer will show an ORTUR UPDATE drive – almost as if you had inserted a USB thumb drive
    Copy the bin file we extracted earlier into the drive and allow the machine to do its update operation
    It will take 30-60 seconds and the machine will home again
    Reconnect to LightBurn or LaserGRBL – in the console type where it says (Type commands here) or (Type GCode here)
    $RST=*
    The machine will respond with
    [MSG: restoring defaults]
    At this point, you should be ready to use the device.
    Note: your wifi settings if you had them will need to be done again

Thank you very much. I will work on getting that completed. I’m hoping that resolves my errors that I’m having :slight_smile:

Which error messages were you recieving?

It may be the right thing to do, (upgrade firmware) but it may be wise to look at the messages first.

Hope these come through.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 163748
Screenshot 2024-04-16 164038

Do this errors happen only when you try start engraving?

if so, try this.
Unplug the laser head cable at the “L” connector (easier9
run the same job
Same errors?

if so please copy/paste the full console contents here

I get the same errors when I’m cutting a well.

Understandable, but have you tried unplugging the laser and running the same job

I suspect you might have power issues this test would verify it

Yes, i unplugged multiple times, tried different outlets etc. Still the same issue. We got it grounded last night and still the same problem. On to the next items: I just received today a new power supply going to get that put in and do the firmware update, then connect to wireless. See if that works. If none of that works not sure what is left at this point.

1 Like

I upgraded power supply to a 6a, updated firmware and connected wifi. I have run a job successfully with no stops. Thank you for your assistance :slight_smile: