Multiple pieces with different start points

I’m using a BossLaser 1630 (70w Co2) Ruida controls and Lightburn 9.2 on a windows 10 system.

Looking to do multiple pieces on a single file…4 slate coasters with different images and I would like to be able to set the coasters in any position on the bed then set the origin point of each as its own origin. Is this possible in Lightburn? I have seen videos from Trotec on their proprietary software and it is possible. Just looking to save time in setting up and/or eliminate the need for jigs.

Also, any tips on speed and power setting (% power and inches per minute) for doing tiles using the Norton method?

Jog the laser to the center of an object, select the shape in LightBurn, then click here:

or here:

As long as you have your system set to use ‘Absolute Coords’, the shapes in the design area in LightBurn will go to the same spot on the laser.

Thanks. I will give it a try,

Being able to move the image to the laser position is a great feature, but finding the centre of your material can be a pain. I discovered by accident that selecting a different button in this control square directs a different location of the image to move to the laser position. Not sure if this is by accident or design Oz??? But it’s great to have.
Screenshot 2021-01-18 121225

Cheers

David

It’s intentional, yes. :slight_smile:

Well I’m glad you did! It’s proved to be incredibly useful.

Cheers

David

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.