Multiple wood sheets (project layers) at once

Hi folks!

Can anyone help me figure out how to create several layers of a project all at once? I’ve got a 51" bed and I want to engrave and cut several layers of the same project on the bed.

Essentially, engrave/cut one piece of 20x12" then move to the next one and do the same, etc, etc. So I could have like 5 sheets on the bed at once.

Is there a way to program the software or laser to do this without a camera? I hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here’s a general strategy.

1. Layout your separate designs on different parts of the workspace that represent the location on your bed.
  2. Assign different parts of the design to separate layers as appropriate
  3. Potentially use a tool layer to represent the material stock you will be cutting/engraving

Here’s a mockup:

.lbrn2 file attached for the above mockup you can use as a reference:
Multi-layer Mockup Berainlb.lbrn2 (29.4 KB)

Thanks for this!! So I get how to create layers and such but how do I tell the laser where the material is on the bed and instruct it to move on to the next piece once it’s done? Is there a locating sequence that has to happen? Cheers!

There are a lot of strategies for this but the simplest is to just place the material on the same position as on the workspace. And use Absolute Coords when you run the job. Depending on your specific needs you may need to adjust how you do that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.