After installing LB 2.1.04 both of my Atezr lasers, the L2 36 watt and the P20 will not cut 1/8 in plywood no matter what speed I run. Attempting to cut a simple square at 99% and 100% power, Did something change in settings that I am missing.? It does engrave and the LEDs show full power.
Thanks for the response. I tried these settings and no change. I get a nice ENGRAVE line but no depth of cut using (25mm/sec and 99%power). Still the same issue on both machines.
Not sure what you mean with “depth of cut”. At these numbers, my 40w needs 4-5 passes to cut 3mm Baltic Birch plywood.
Here is an image that shows the way units are differentiated.
Often speed and power problems (though perhaps not in this case) happen when the Control Units are different than expected. Unlinking the Control and Design Units is a useful way of keeping the control units consistent to help avoid confusion.
There is a brand new video explainer on units here:
Exactly the image we needed. I added it to my User Helpers folder.
Before this issue, I could cut easily at 200 mm/sec at 100% power. Now it shows 100% but cuts like it is 20% power. The lines are light engravings, not cutting through the wood. Since it is the same on both machines, I believe it is a LB setting or power to the machines.
That is 12,000mm/m at 100% power. My 40w will not cut at that speed either.
200mm/m makes more sense. Check your units.
okay, I switched to mm/m and it cuts now. I will work with this, even tho it is much slower that I had previously. Something is better than nothing. Thanks much Mikey. I appreciate your help.
You can always adjust the settings to your liking. Just remember that each number has a units attached.

