Need brainiacs to adapt lightburn to glowforge

With all the brains that visit this forum, I know it’s possible to create an interface for a Glowforge Laser. Being a novice, I was unaware how horrible, no make that hideous, their online software is. Unfortunately, I feel prey to a slick marketing campaign. I feel that the majority of GlobeForge owners would buy the interface which would open up a tremendous marketing and sales opportunity for some creative individual.

Unfortunately this will never happen. There was a project called OpenGlow that tried to reverse engineer thier system but only got so far.

The only thing you can do is sell your Glowforge and purchase a laser that will work with LightBurn.

In the long run, you will be a lot happier!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Want to buy a new Glowforge? :grinning:

1 Like

Is it possible to swap in a Ruida controller?

Let it be true. Surely something can be done.

Unfortunately most of the hardware is proprietary.

That is true, but you could also use Inkscape and do the same thing. You lose all the benefits of being able to control your laser and how it actually handles the burning/cutting aspect of your project.

You still have to deal with having to use the Glowforge interface and servers.

1 Like

Well that’s sad.
Maybe buy a boat and use it for an anchor?

2 Likes

I bet a $1 I could transplant a Ruida… oh wait here is a project example right here where someone put in a…

Wait a minute, who is this: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got me there! :wink:

There is a difference between a “drop-in replacement” and a total redo of the entire laser. That project used some of the guts but had to do a lot of work to make everything work together.

I am sure the OP would love to take his brand new $6,000 glowforge and cut it up! I am sure he will let us know.

Maybe keep an eye on the delivery times for new GF lasers and offer yours up for sale closer to Christmas if the delivery times get extended by then. Or just bite the bullet and offer it for an attractive price while it still has some warranty left, if that is the case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.