Need help understanding job time and optimization

Hello again, Im having a job time issue that has me scratching my head. I am working on a model that has a small, medium, and large variant. The only difference between these models is that each one is about 2" longer than the one before it (width and height are the same). So in theory, The job time difference should be the same each step up. However, The increase is 1.5min from small to medium, and the increase is 3min from medium to large. The layouts vary, but Im not sure what is making such a big difference. Here are the images…

large

Also If I rearrange the large file vertically, I get a surprising increase in 3 min, as in this image, not sure why…

Longer time

Here Are my optimization settings…I find that If I stick to cutting by group and avoid cutting by layer, I get better timing…

I also see examples of the laser head making long jumps all the time, only to come all the way back to something unfininished later. Not sure why the laser isnt finishing everything in one area before moving on, again I find cut by group to help this. Here is a minor example of this…

skipping

You can see a gap there in the tight linework, it will come back to that spot randomly, instead of completing it in “order”.

Finally, could someone help me with the proper way of setting up the simulation timing? I am using edit>device settings> additional settings>read from controller. The only thing this changes is the global speed scale from 100% to 80%, which is only making the sim timing less accurate. I can never seem to get it very close to my machine calculated job time. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.