Need help with new setup

Hi, Just got a Jtech 7w laser for my Onefinity and currently using the Lightburn trial with the intent to purchase it as soon as I know it will work for me. This is my second test and i’m having two issues.

I added a video and several photos here to show the issues:

1. You can see from my lightburn image that the design is in the lower left corner, very close to x&y zero, yet it’s cutting severs inches away and even shows the distance in the preview on the Onefinity when I load the gcode.

2. This should have done 4 passes at 100% but as you can see in the video (starting on second pass around 2:30), the laser keeps turning off. I was able to override it turning on and off by switching the physical switch to force it on at full power, which showed it’s not a short in the wire from the laser controller. Also wiggling all wires, connectors and the laser itself made no changes nor caused it to cut in/out at all.

Any help would be appreciated with either issue. Thanks

Hi, try moving the project a little further from the side, probably needs a little more room for the laser head.

I’m not very close to the side at all. more than 8 inches from the side and front

Edit: I was able to test that the laser going on/off is not a lightburn issue so please disregard that part.

I’ve also added the photos here so you don’t have to click on my dropbox link

1. You can see from my lightburn image that the design is in the lower left corner, very close to x&y zero, yet it’s cutting severs inches away and even shows the distance in the preview on the Onefinity when I load the gcode.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.