Need some Help Proximity Sensor

Turned on the laser tonight and homing was very stranged, noticed the x axis proximity sensor light is red all the time so I’m assuming the sensor went bad. I found replacements on amazon I just need 1 but it only comes in a 5 pack. Is it as simple as removing the old one and replacing it with a new one?

Yes sir…

The biggest headache is getting the wires through the drag chains and other obstacles.

You can use a screwdriver and spread where the chain is linked… Break it about 1/2 way and you can push it through…

Make sure the hall effect switch will be triggered when the head is close enough…

Good luck…

:smile_cat:

I am assuming the proximity sensor wiring is the CN4?

It is on my 6442g model… Can’t read your pictures well enough, but looks the same.

I’d wire it to where it was when it worked…

The x Limiter switch is on all the time is there a way to fix it, I have ordered new ones but not going to come till the 25th.

There is nothing in there that is user serviceable… Some are even ‘potted’ so there’s no chance…

No reason you can’t take it apart and see what’s in it … It sounds broken anyway…

Do you need to use the machine?

You can turn off homing on that axes in the Ruida configuration… or do it manually with a switch… there will be no accuracy on homing…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.