Need to "cut away" portions of a polygon

Having a few difficulties trying to line this one up to work. I need to recut a few pieces of my main polygon or the tops of my building to add and reinforce some areas. I don’t want to waste material and print the whole outline of the building and start chopping things up. Please look at line #19 (pale blue color). It is just being used as bounding boxes to show what I am trying to reproduce. Do I use bezier points and try to “clip” it away and copy it? I am having trouble with this one, because it seems to be a complicated move. Any suggestions will help. Enclosed is
cut away.lbrn2 (68.9 KB)
the file I am working on.

1. Select the blue bounding box
  2. Add background shape to selection
  3. Tools->Boolean Intersection
  4. Repeat for each bounding box

Note that the background shape will be consumed with the boolean operation so you may need to duplicate it if they’re to be used with multiple operations.

Just tried your directions verbatim and it isn’t working. I added some lines to the areas I reproduce and send to the laser. I also want the half circles to cut out as well. I can select everything, but I can’t get the boolean intersection button to activate.
cut away 2.lbrn2 (56.1 KB)

Are you following the directions verbatim?

It worked for me:

Note that boolean will only work with on 2 objects at a time. All objects need to be closed shapes. Groups of shapes count as a single object.

OK. I now have it. You can only select TWO objects at a time. I was selecting all except the crescents and hoping. I got it to work. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.