Networked Ruida Controller only visible over ethernet

I have a Ruida controller connected to my local area network via an ethernet cable, when my Windows 11 laptop is connected to an Ethernet cable on the same network I can connect lightburn by entering the lasers IP address and control the laser. When I try to do the same with my laptop connected via wifi lightburn can not find the laser. I believe it is an issue in the program because I can ping the laser when both connected via Ethernet or WIFI.
RDC-V8.00.67
HMI-V40.77.01

Can you see the laser from the laptop on the network?

If so you should be able to connect… Did you try manual with the ip?

:smile_cat:

I can ping the laser with my laptop while the laptop connected via wifi or ethernet to the same network as the laser. The problem is even entering the IP address manually lightburn can only connect to the laser when the laptop is connected via ethernet.

I didn’t think Lightburn makes any kind of distinction between an Ethernet or wifi, as far as I knew it made a connection to the local network… how it gets there shouldn’t be a concern of Lightburn only the OS… At least for the Ruida…

I’d suggest you look for something on the laptop that may be blocking access to the wifi…

Few applications actually manipulate communications at a low enough level to cause this. They make a call to the operating system and it handles the i/o… Since it works with Ethernet I’d assume it doesn’t care how it got there…

This will get read by others so they will respond if there is an issue they can help with…

Yes that’s why I am unsure how to fix the issue. I tried disabling windows firewall as well as verifying that the program has access to private and public networks.

In all likelihood this is probably either a routing or firewall issue.

1. Can you confirm computer IP for wireless and ethernet?
  2. try running this command in a command prompt. Once while on ethernet and once while on wifi:
tracert IP_OF_RUIDA _HERE

I’m pretty sure he’s got the right IP…

I saw that. But there’s more than one path to a device. Want to make sure that’s not potentially a factor firewall behavior.

tracert gives the same results when on ethernet or wifi

I disabled windows firewall and the issue persisted.

Can you post the actual results for both?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.