Never perfected white tile but

I would love to see what this looks like from the experts
That have perfected the process. This was designed by
AI.

I don’t understand your post.
Where is the finished creation?
What is “this”? I see only a link toward a search engine.

(As I follow lot of artists on social networks, the “designed by AI” is a red flag for me, too, but that’s outside my befuddlement.)

Click on the word bing.

Are you anticipating doing this with a laser?

Yes i know it will be in black and white. But the shading should look awesome.

Hardly an expert… but probably close to what you could expect?

static_electricity

1 Like

Wow! that is awesome can you explain how it was done.
Thats exactly what i was wanting to see. I just cant seem to even get close to that. You are an expert at this.
Thanks for running it.
Rudy subcribed in florida.

2 Likes

Took screen shot of image. Imported into LightBurn with image layer settings…

TiO2/glue/water mix (by volume 1:1:3) with few drops food coloring. Shake well, gently brush on tile surface… avoid streaks. Let dry for 30 minutes or more. Torch quickly removes any/all bubbles.

Lasered with Atezr P5 5W (optical output) diode laser…

Water cleanup…

Hope that helps.

– David

3 Likes

Great explanation will have to give it a try.
Thank you
Rudy

1 Like

I have just been using spray paints with titanium in them. Where can you get TiO2? I image it cost less that spray paints. Thanks for the idea.
JJ

This is the TiO2 I’m using…

I, too, have always gotten better, more consistent, results with the flat-white spray paints… but using a new laser I was no longer getting good results; i.e. too gray and washed out. I had tried numerous raw TiO2 recipes before… but found very inconsistent, messy, and difficult to get a consistent coating. Finally, followed the recipe for the brush-on TiO2 “paint” I posted earlier and have been very satisfied with the results.

– David

1 Like

Great explanation. You have a Diode laser correct?. Overscanning isn’t an available option for a Ruida controller.

Thanks. Yeah, I’m using a diode laser… right now, a 5W Atezr P5 machine. I really don’t think overscanning is much of a factor, one way or the other.