New head for Omtech 100W Laser

Hey there, i have a problem with my original head, when touching it, the tube moves back and forth because its not a tight fit.

I already ordered the Cloudray outer slider head a while ago but didnt mount it yet because i need to make an adapter plate so i can mount it.

The new head is more massive, maybe i got the wrong one and should have get the one from the K series.

Did anyone of you replace the original head with the one of those cloudray heads?

I mean i can make an adapter plate at work and already made the drawing for it but now it came to my mind that i then also cant mount the red dot laser because where that laser is mountef on the original head its way thinner then the new one.

Do you know if there is something i can order so i can fit the red dot laser to the cloudray outer slider type or so i have to make something by myself for it so i can mount it again?

I changed mine out, less than a month after getting my machine…

Here is a before, after of the machine… On the left is the original, sans the honeycomb…

I went with this lightweight head from Russ Sadler… You will find some of his designs sold by Cloud Ray.

It also supports the C series lenses and tubes. There is a bit of surgery required, but it simplifies alignment…

What is missing is the Z axes adjustment for head alignment… These Chinese machines have poor adjustability across the axes, this head and his mirror mounts simplify alignment.

The photo is a couple of shots… left is when it was first mounted. The right side one is pretty much the current configuration… notice, no drag chain…

Good luck

:smiley_cat: