New motherboard, not connecting

I had to install a new Ortur mother board. When I connect the laser, I can’t get LB to connect to it. Should it just connect right to it, or is there something else I need to do?

I think the Espressif CDC Device is the problem. It has an exclamation point on it, but I can’t seem to get it to go away. I have installed the drivers for it, but it remains. Any ideas?

What board did you have previously? It is possible you used to have an STM32 based board previously and now you have an ESP32 based board now?

What OS are you running?

I am not sure what board I did have. It was the one that came with the unit when I got it in Feb 2021. I would tend to agree with you about the ESP board, but when I try to update the driver or install a new one, it does not seem to work? I am using Win 10.

Windows 10 should already come with the driver required for Espressif. Can you take a screenshot of the Properties for the device in Device Manager?

error

That’s odd. Read through this PDF… very carefully follow the steps. Make sure you pick the right pull-downs as doing the wrong thing can make it a pain to recover.

Aufero Laser 1 - DRIVER windows 7-8.pdf (ortur.tech)

I read though that before. Is that not for Win 7 and 8? Would that apply to 10?

It’s not intended to but it should work. Or at least not cause harm. I’m curious if something else that you may have installed before may have clobbered how this is supposed to work.

You are the man! Thanks so much. I am up and running!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.