New rotary doesn't rotate correctly (not like other problems)

Hello. I jusy bought the new Creality rotary chuck to go with my Elegoo Phecda. I have the chuck plugged into the y axis cable. In lightburn, I have the rotary tool enabled, step set to what was provided in the manual, and measurements of the object. I also turned off the homing feature for my after market limit switches.

The problem is that, when I frame or jog the y axis, the rotary will rotate a few mm forwards. Click again, it will go another few mm forward (not in mm consistency of the previous movement). The next time i click it, it may rotate a couple mm backwards. Other times, not at all. The engraver itself works fine, and the engraver works as it should without the rotary. Ive also tried disabling the rotary tool to moving the y axis, but i get the same effect. Ive also tried adjusting the steps, but it doesn’t change anything regardless of how large or small the number is.

Im not sure if this is a setting issue, coding issue, or if the chuck is broken and needs to be returned. Thanks any help!

Usually, it’s the cable that does not fit. If the motor behaves erratically, try to change the order of the connector, that might help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.