New Universal Engraver 15000mW - machine and program not matching position, getting laser to fire

I just got a Universal Engraver 15000mW. I built it and installed your software. I really like it and will license once I can get through these issues.

A few questions:

1. the positioning of my physical laser and the positioning on the software aren’t matching up. When clicking the center of the software interface, the laser will move to the far left of the machine. I can’t seem to get them to match up.

2. I tested the laser and everything is working, but when plugging my computer into the CPU and running LightBurn the laser will go out. The jpeg will still be traced by the machine, but no lasering is taking place. The moment I disconnect my computer from the machine, the laser will fire back up.

Thank you for the help. Have a great day.

1 Like
  1. Does your laser have homing switches? If not, you’d need to manually zero the machine, either by moving the laser head to the front left before power up, or jogging it there and issuing the “this is zero” command in the console: G92 X0 Y0 (followed by enter). Read more at the bottom of this post: Configuring a 3018 CNC for use with LightBurn

2. This could be an issue with grounding. I’ve seen this happen before when a machine wasn’t properly wired, or incorrectly grounded. Plugging in the USB cable grounds the machine through the PC, and can do odd things. Check that the wiring is all correct.

1 Like

Appreciate you!!!

I’ll go through the steps and let you know if any issues arise.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.