New Update issue

I, on the same evening, upgraded to a C3D board and updated the software version. My laser got all out of whack, couldnt position right, homing was screwed up and I could understand why. Racked my brain for two days trying to figure out where the problem was, either it was the new board or the software. Deleted the updated version, reinstalled v20 and bam, now it’s fine. I hope my experiences help a few good cutters out there.

Just upgraded yesterday to .21. Ortur LM2-20F system…Only technical issues ever had with .20, was when file saving it would lockup laptop until I restarted, only happened on occasion, my guess was a memory leak, as the service lbdialog was always locking up the task mgr after closing LB… Anyway, it just happened again, PLUS, NOW I keep getting dialog boxes at end of burns saying out of bounds, on files I never received them before. The file save error is a pain in the butt. Win 10, I7 laptop, (clone), 8g ram, plenty drive space. JFTR, I think Lightburn is amazing overall, great job guys!

I also started getting a notice to upgrade (again), but filename is same…

You’re getting an update notice because there is a patch. If you read carefully, you’ll see it says, “An update is available for your version (0.9.21)”

LBDialog isn’t a service - it’s actually the file open / save dialog box as an independent process. It’s done that way because some computers come pre-installed with file previewers that crash, and if they do, it now just crashes that dialog, not the whole program.

The “out of bounds” messages are most likely legit. If you post a shot of your screen I can probably tell you what’s wrong.

Did you report this to us?

Was not aware of a formal reporting process. New to this world and love LB, for future reference, where or who do I contact?

support@lightburnsoftware.com, or just posting here. Nothing in this release changed that should affect Smoothieware, so this is quite strange. If you install the current release there are a few things I can have you try to see if it’s the software or something else.

1 Like

I thought it stange as well. I wasnt sure who to go to (LB or C3D) and I did not want to revert back to K40 Whisperer or Inkscape. Appreciate your responsiveness and hopefully will not have to report issues. Thanks a million Oz.

the reason wrote it was it didn’t say 21.a or 22…

on the file name to download

So I had the Mac Sur / Ruida 644XS issue not starting and program spontaneously shutting down. I had the new version update come through this morning for Version 0.9.22.
Just checking that I now have the latest version now after reading the whole thread?
Are we now encouraged to save our files as RD files?

Little shout out to Lightburn Oz for quick responses, as this thread sounded "challenging’ :slight_smile:

FYI. Fixed update problem on my NEJE laser master max 30W grbl. Couldn’t communicate with laser after update. I uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Only works if you uninstall on their site. Finding it is kinda hard as if I recall correctly, there is only the option to install/update, but once you click on it there’s an uninstall button you MUST do first then click on install! It doesn’t tell you that btw. You should see “installation successful” in a window. If you didn’t, it didn’t work. (Doesn’t tell you that either).

I lost connection on 0.9.22 as well. I downgraded to 0.9.20 and it is fine again. I didn’t try 0.9.21.

Grbl_ESP32 board connected via USB on a windows machine. The signal from 0.9.22 crashes the grbl controller because my web terminal for the board shows “connection error” instead of status updates like it does with 0.9.20.

Try changing the ‘DTR enable’ setting in Edit → Device Settings and restarting LightBurn. There was a bug in the way that was handled and it was fixed, so your board might need that enabled, or might not - it’s a pin that resets some hardware (Arduino) but is actually necessary for others to connect (everything else).

Sorry, this thread is becoming impossible to follow - I absolutely the hate the mass pile-on of generic “new update issue” type threads. It’s just a dumping ground, and it’s really hard to figure out who is still having trouble, or what is resolved.

You shouldn’t need to save RD files - I’m not having trouble here sending from my Mac to a Ruida controller. 9.21 should resolve connection issues, and 9.22 fixed a bug with ‘Convert to Bitmap’ not playing nice with the image sharing system, so it’s recommended to install. No communication code was touched between 9.21 and 9.22. If you’re using Big Sur, there’s a specific version for that OS, so I suggest installing that one. If you’re having trouble with it, please start a new topic for it so things are easier for us (me) to follow and we can figure out who’s still having trouble, and with what.

I have tooo facing same problem dear after updated its showing data sending failed machine is busy or paused :sob::sob::sob::sob::pensive:

As you are using a completely different machine, you’re not facing the same issue. Can you check to see if you have a COM port chosen in the Laser window?

If you do have a port chosen and it’s still not working, go to Edit > Device Settings and try changing the ‘Enable DTR signal’ setting around the middle / right of that window, and restart LightBurn.

Updated my Marlin based Rotrics Dexarm today from0.9.20 to 0.9.22.
Same problem then last update (0.9.21).
Win10 Pro, 64bit.
No connection to laser.
When downgrading to 0.9.20 all is fine.
Am I one of the 6 persons??

Kind regards from Germany