New Update issue

FYI. Fixed update problem on my NEJE laser master max 30W grbl. Couldn’t communicate with laser after update. I uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Only works if you uninstall on their site. Finding it is kinda hard as if I recall correctly, there is only the option to install/update, but once you click on it there’s an uninstall button you MUST do first then click on install! It doesn’t tell you that btw. You should see “installation successful” in a window. If you didn’t, it didn’t work. (Doesn’t tell you that either).

I lost connection on 0.9.22 as well. I downgraded to 0.9.20 and it is fine again. I didn’t try 0.9.21.

Grbl_ESP32 board connected via USB on a windows machine. The signal from 0.9.22 crashes the grbl controller because my web terminal for the board shows “connection error” instead of status updates like it does with 0.9.20.

Try changing the ‘DTR enable’ setting in Edit → Device Settings and restarting LightBurn. There was a bug in the way that was handled and it was fixed, so your board might need that enabled, or might not - it’s a pin that resets some hardware (Arduino) but is actually necessary for others to connect (everything else).

Sorry, this thread is becoming impossible to follow - I absolutely the hate the mass pile-on of generic “new update issue” type threads. It’s just a dumping ground, and it’s really hard to figure out who is still having trouble, or what is resolved.

You shouldn’t need to save RD files - I’m not having trouble here sending from my Mac to a Ruida controller. 9.21 should resolve connection issues, and 9.22 fixed a bug with ‘Convert to Bitmap’ not playing nice with the image sharing system, so it’s recommended to install. No communication code was touched between 9.21 and 9.22. If you’re using Big Sur, there’s a specific version for that OS, so I suggest installing that one. If you’re having trouble with it, please start a new topic for it so things are easier for us (me) to follow and we can figure out who’s still having trouble, and with what.

I have tooo facing same problem dear after updated its showing data sending failed machine is busy or paused :sob::sob::sob::sob::pensive:

As you are using a completely different machine, you’re not facing the same issue. Can you check to see if you have a COM port chosen in the Laser window?

If you do have a port chosen and it’s still not working, go to Edit > Device Settings and try changing the ‘Enable DTR signal’ setting around the middle / right of that window, and restart LightBurn.

Updated my Marlin based Rotrics Dexarm today from0.9.20 to 0.9.22.
Same problem then last update (0.9.21).
Win10 Pro, 64bit.
No connection to laser.
When downgrading to 0.9.20 all is fine.
Am I one of the 6 persons??

Kind regards from Germany