New update, limit switch for home no longer working

I got software notification that there was an update, so I downloaded and installed. However, now when I home the machine, it gets to the limit switch and keeps trying to go further. Everything was fine with my XTool d1 pro, now after the update, the limit switches don’t seem to work like the used to.

I think I have similar problem as yours, here is the video: any solution to it?

It sounds like the ‘Auto-home on start up’ switch is switched on in Device settings which is correct for an engraver with limit switches. If the limit switch isn’t stopping the homing, you may want to check the switches and ensure the switch wiring connectors are fully seated.

On an xTool D1 Pro, with LightBurn running and connected please open the Console window and request a report from the engraver. Enter $$ (then enter) in the Console window - then copy and paste your reply here.

If the engraver moved away from the limit switches and crashed, that would be a more obvious fix.

Was it just LightBurn that was updated or was the xTool Firmware or ECS updated as well?

I’m also having this issue. Plus the limit switch alarm sounds and won’t even allow me to frame a project. I check the switches and they are not obscured. I check connections. I removed and reinserted the TF card. If I turn off limit switches in Xtool Creative Space, I can cut and engrave but I still can’t use lightburn. Here is an image of the console test you suggested.
Uploading: image.jpg…

Sadly, the upload didn’t take. Please edit your message, drag and drop the image, and allow the upload to complete.

I look forward to seeing this.

I am having the exact same issue as shown in the video uploaded by hereweigo. I am using an X-Tool D1 Pro 10W.

Here is what I get from the console:
$$
ok
$0=1
$1=0.03
$2=0
$3=0
$4=0
$5=0
$6=0
$10=255
$11=0.0
$12=0.0
$13=0
$20=1
$21=0
$22=1
$23=0
$24=25.000
$25=3000.000
$26=250
$27=1.000
$30=1000
$31=0
$32=0
$100=100.000
$101=100.000
$102=100.000
$110=12000.000
$111=12000.000
$112=12000.000
$120=2000.000
$121=300.000
$122=0.000
$130=200.000
$131=200.000
$132=200.000
ok

I am brand new to this hobby and had no issues using the free software LaserBox. I decided to make the jump to LightBurn using the 30-day trial. I did a few test runs with no issues on the demo software. Then I bought the full version to keep using it and applied the update. Now my laser is trying to jump ship and go past the frame.

Mine ended up being a hardware issue where the cable going to the laser was getting pinched between the gantry and the back frame making the laser never quite hit the limit switch.

1 Like

Mine seems to be doing this, what was the fix?

Any help with this yet? I just bout the D1 Pro 20w, using the free software for a month, having same issue.

I’ll attempt to summarize because folks are interested and asking.

This piece of information is very helpful. It’s incredibly valuable to see the described behavior. There are subtle things that could be different that could be easily overlooked without describing the behavior.

From this, we know the switch is present and it’s homing toward the switch. The expected homing behavior when the switch is depressed is, that the laser will stop, back up a small amount to open the switch and stop homing there. Some engravers slowly approach and touch the switch a second time and back up again.

There’s not much to look at afterward. Either the laser isn’t set up for the limit switch (which we occasionally have to do when we’re using a rotary) or the switch / wiring circuit to the controller is broken and it can’t see the switch state.

We check settings and confirm that it’s both homing in the right direction toward the switch and expecting a switch. If it’s going away from the switch it will crash into the rail on the other side. If it’s not expecting a switch, it will crash like this and the homing enable should have been shut off.

The more common error is leaving the Rotary Mode software switch enabled after removing the rotary device - but the engraver will behave differently.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: xTool D1 pro homes, moves a small amount then Beeps and stops