Newbie here and not sure what to do next

Hello all!! I am in need of a bit of help. I purchased a cheap (not to me) 15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine. I put it all together (it only took me 2 months lol) My problem is I have no idea how to set up my machine for it to use the laser. It can move left and right. BUT it won’t move up and down (maybe this way) it will so left and right but not top and down) hope that makes since. It burns as it moves but like I said only left and right. I’m not all that computer savvy, I don’t know $32 or anything like that and not sure what the GRBL sitting should be (sigh) please help this old lady lol

Start here and keep going until you finish the Simple Project section. Let us know if you have specific issues as you walk through these procedures. We have written this document with a first-time user in mind. :slight_smile:

https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/index.html

1 Like

thank you so much!! :smiley:

Please do let us know how you get on.

hey Rick! I’ve read and reread the common GRBL setups and it’s all Greek to me… I know nothing of code anywhere anything and so on lol I need pics lol so I can see where they go, if that would help me out?

Hi Rick!

I looked it all over read it thought I understood it and failed to (sigh)
The customer support for my 15000 mw Blue CNC Laser Engraving Machine sucks really bad.
I contacted them yet again over the weekend and they sent me a video of an older version of Lightburn on setting it up (I didn’t realize it until I was looking at the console . While I was setting it up I noticed that it had a Grbl1…1z[’$’ for help]{8kdz.com} and when I read about the grbl it says that this is not a true Grbl. I need help please.
Nina

You will need to update software on the board (flash) with an officially supported grbl, yes. I am not familiar with the process for your gear, so I am not much help there sorry.

thank you Rick! I’ll try to find it.

Hi Moonie, I am also new to this, I have the same machine and am really struggled with it and what setting to use, getting a little better. This machine has to be manually adjusted up and down with the knob on top of the carriage above the laser motor and the power is manually adjusted with a small knob on the front of the laser. It also only engraves horizontally and does not have homing capabilities. Their support told me to set power in LightBurn to 100% and adjust power with the knob on the laser. I am still on the 30 day trial trying to dial everything in using this forum because of the type answers from support. I hope this helps, this is my first post so I hope I did it right.

hey Vicky!! Yeah I got that part down lol I had the wrong Grbl installed mine that came with the machine was very bad. I downloaded T2laser and that helped a lot with the new firmware. I restarted my computer and there it was on Lightburn. now I just need to set a few more things and figure out cutting and lasering HA! I know it’s all Greek to me but I am sure I will get it up and running! These guys in here are WAY more helpful then the support for our machine!

I did it!!! whew!! T2Laser did iow my machine is working for me so far!! and now that it is working I’m a happy camper!! when done with this small project I’ll turn it all off and see it it still works :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.