Newbie questions using the LightBurn software

I got this cnc machine (not a laser yet). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BB7HPF31?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
500W CNC Router Machine, MYSWEETY 4540 CNC Wood Router 3 Axis Metal Milling Machine for Engraving Carving Wood Acrylic MDF PCB Plastic, Working Area: 430 * 390 * 90mm(16.9 * 15.4 * 3.5inch)

1. Would the software work and mill the material? Amazon.com

2. I was looking to load my material from the library but could not find anything, can you pls direct me to the right place?

3. Where do you set how deep to go inside the material ?

Thanks for your help.

It is grbl based and will work with Lightburn…

Don’t follow how deep, most of the laser stuff is 2d, not 3d…

There is an ability to move the Z axes, but without more information I can’t state much more.

What kind of laser are you going to put on it?

I have a low cost cnc3018 that came with a laser… got me hooked.

With the 500W motor, there is no place to mount most lasers. If you look at this laser, you can barely make out the notches (near red marks) where the laser module mounts. I haven’t seen many that are round or the proper diameter to mount with the 500W motor. The size limits the size of laser module you can mount.

To be honest, I don’t know what you want to do with the spindle on the 500W. It’s relatively slow for most bits. I ran mine at 20k rpm when I was using it for circuit boards. The bits were small and had to run fast.

Just beware of what you are getting. This looks like a very nice machine, but it has a lot of bells and whistles that aren’t really important.

Most people complain about the time it takes to run a job… a gear/screw driven machine will be painfully slow …

Decide on what you want to do, then pick a machine. There is no one does it all…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Lightburn is not suitable for milling.

I have the same machine, but under the brand name titoe
(500W CNC Router Kit,Titoe 4540 CNC Router Machine Wood Engraver Machine 500W Spindle)
The laser has no brand or number (Titoe 20W Engraver Module 3018Pro Engraving Machine Accessory 5500mW Optical Power/ 200000mW Electric Power for CNC Machine 3018/ 3018Pro/ 3018 Max/Most Engraving Machine)

I’m having problem with everything, the manual sux. no website for info.
lightburn doesn’t recognize it. so I have to set up manually.

Does MYSWEETY have a website or forum for Info?

Seems to be a GRBL controller so go from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.