No 24v power from supply

Hi all,

I have a 130w chinese co2 laser. After taking some bits apart to paint, the controller would not start. All other parts, such as laser, air, water received power. I connected a 24v adapter to the 24vin on the controller and it fired up, so I guess something on the power supply is fused/dead?

Anyone know how I can fix this? Perhaps there is a fuse or something inside the power unit?

Thanks in advance for any help,

G

Perhaps there is, but ā€œthe power unitā€ on ā€œa 130w Chinese co2ā€ is like me asking you ā€œthe engine died in my red Japanese car. Can you tell me what I need to do to fix it?ā€ You might need to provide more details, model number, pictures, etc before you get anything useful.

I canā€™t recall if Iā€™ve seen any with fuses - they often have capacitors or rectifiers fail in them.

Hi Oz,

Apologies. Youā€™re right, of course. Iā€™ve attached some pics now :).

There seems to be a small fuse in the DC24v supply. I imagine thatā€™s fused? I checked the voltage in with a multimeter and itā€™s definitely getting a power supply.

Iā€™ve tried looking for this unit on the internet and canā€™t seem it find it. The smaller DC power supply under the big one. Any idea what I need to be searching for?

(ignore the hanging ground wires.)

Cheers

Check your emergency kill switch. They can go bad or accidentally get pushed.

I think the best thing is to buy a new 24v switching power supply. The laser is supposed to be 130w but I think they sent it with a 100w tube (typical Chinese seller). What wattage of supply should I be looking for?

The one already there should have the power rating on it. Match or exceed that and you should be ok.

That machine is set up with a 40VDC supply for the steppers, so the 24VDC supply is just to run the controller. It is most likely a 5A supply, but s Oz stated, try to find a rating on it and match or exceed that.

Thanks for the answers. Itā€™s been really helpful and Iā€™m getting closer lol.

Frustratingly, the one on it doesnā€™t give too much away. It only says ā€˜DC25Vā€™ on one sticker, and underneath it says ā€˜RSA-25D-C AC INPUT 90 - 264 vac 24V 5Vā€™.

Itā€™s small though.

Canā€™t figure out anymore than that.

OK, it is a dual output power supply, 24VDC for the controller and 5VDC for most likely a red dot laser pointer or LED lights.

For ruida controller, 24VDC 3A 75W switch power supply is recommand.
You can search for Meanwell LRS-75-24 switch power supply.
5VDC is always use for red pointer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.