No cut in dropdown menu

Ok, I am back! Ok, there is no cut option in the dropdown menu? I checked to make sure my version didn’t need an update so we are good there. Any Suggestions?

Suggestions?

Cut was renamed to Line many versions ago.

I suggest you read through the documentation on Cut Settings to better understand:
Overview - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

Awesome! I am on it. Thank you

1 Like

Line can mean cut when enough power is applied, and it can be just a line design engraved in the surface. How deep the line goes depends on speed and power.

1 Like

Anychance you might know what to input for speed and power to cut through basswood? And how far from the wood should my laser be?

I see in your profile what laser you have, and I have no knowledge of what it can do. If you search this forum first, for that make/model laser, you might find something useful. Your laser documentation must have some idea of what the focus distance is, and how much speed/power you need for certain materials.

That is difficult to answer. But we can provide ‘how’.

The one and only way to find the “correct” speeds and power settings for any given material is to run some controlled tests, evaluate the results and test again, until you achieve the desired result. Test, test and more testing. And, we have some built-in tools to assist. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.