No Rotary Enable Tab

I have gone to the settings tab and enabled “show rotary on main window” disabled “beginners mode” and still no enable rotary on Laser Tab.

The problem Im having is, went to calibrate my Width and Height by using a 1"X1" Square. The image is stretching to about 1.375" (Rotary Y Axis) I have changed my rotation mm settings on my machine from 5650 to as low as 3500 and still no change, which in theory the should be a HUGE difference, but staying consistent at 1.375". X Axis on the money at 1.012"

I run a RotoBoss 59.0 Diameter. I have spoken with Boss Laser and JER Designs and have tried everything. So I started back at the beginning and noticed that the “Enable Rotary” Feature on Lightburn is not there. I may be grasping for straws here, but could that be the difference?

Please any help would be appreciated, thank you

I think you need to run the rotary setup under the tools tab first. It’s been awhile but I don’t my tab showed up until I ran the setup.

Tools > Rotary Setup will do it, and is slightly more reliable than the button on the main laser window. You might have to re-run the software for the toggle to appear in the laser window.

Thank you, I just don’t see where to do that. Both in settings and Tools there is no Set Up Rotary. I recently did the update could that be it? Also this I just realized that this is not a Ruida controller and it is a Trocen-AWC1601706. I did some more searching on the site and found that this controller might not support that tab? But doesn’t explain why I don’t see them in tools or settings. Thank you for your help and response.

What kind of laser / controller do you have selected?

Thank you J!, I just sent the screen shot and there is no rotary setup.

It is a Boss HP3655 Laser

That’s why. You have a Trocen/AWC 708 controller, not a Ruida. The 708 does not allow configuration of rotary parameters through software - you have to do it from the menus on the controller. Honestly I’m amazed that neither Boss or Jason Rife told you this.

Yes, thank you. I was reading on this as much as I could and just saw that on a older post. So my issue with the Y Axis being off 3/8" isn’t software related Im sure of. Which means another 1-1/2 phone support with Boss on Monday…

They have been helpful, but have not resolved my issue.

Thank you OZ, for responding on a weekend! Take Care

1 Like

I’m assuming you did enable the rotary mode on the controller itself? (you can change the settings, as well as enable / disable it)

Oh yes. I have been resetting and changing the Rotation and Diameter for 2 days now.

Given this isnt a software issue, Im thinking there may be an issue with stepper motor. Im going to take out the RotoBoss and put in the MOD Rotary I purchased from Boss Laser and see if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.