No SVG import - V0.9.23

Hello Community,

i tried to import some SVG files but it didn’t show or import at any time, but there was no error message either.

I tried with different programs (CorelDRAW, InkScape and Amadine) and with different SVG versions - nothing led to an import.

—A simple example file is attached— sorrily it’s not attached, as SVG is not an allowed filetype :frowning:

Thanks for any help in advance.

Next time you try to import an SVG, zoom out beyond the layout area to see if the image is there. I can import SVGs with my .9.23 version.

Thank you, I’ve already tried that - but nothing there.

Did you try select all, to see if there is something there, but “invisible?”

Blame me… I now made a new simple graphic with an cross to be sure it can be seen… now it does import. :flushed:

EDIT: found the problem: when using Amadine to export in SVG it does not import it any more, even if I import it in Corel or InkScape and export it again. Strange.

BUT: the dimensions aren’t correct, always some 1/1000 to 1/100 of a mm off. I tried SVG and PDF, other vector exports are not available in Amadine (except EPS, but this can’t be imported).

Are you saying that you could not import this file into any of the listed applications, in addition to LightBurn? If so, that would indicate a problem with the file itself. As you can see from the image below, I show a successful ‘Import’ of a .SVG file in LightBurn 0.9.23, without issue. :slight_smile:

If you are willing, send the originally exported SVG file from Amadine to support at lightburnsoftware dot com, include a link to this post for context, and we can take a look.

1 Like

In InkScape, make sure you have the dimensions set to NOT include the stroke width.

1 Like

Many thanks for this hint, sorrily InkScape on Mac is still too slow to work properly, but I will have a look at the options of my other vector drawing apps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.