No visual feedback on double-click and drag selection

When you double-click and drag to select objects, there is no visual feedback (the green or red rectangle depending on direction) at all. It’s supposed to show the opposite color of the regular click-and-drag to show that the selection rule is inverted.

This is on Windows 10 in version 1.5.02

Click to select objects.
Click and drag right = RED
Click and drag right = GREEN
Double-click ???

This is not a behavior within LightBurn. If willing to share, where did this expectation come from? To add to what @MikeyH shares, the click-drag behavior he shows has been like this from initial release. If you double-click a Text object generated in LightBurn, that allows text editing, but selection does not use the mouse double-click.

In this screenshot I double-clicked and dragged from the red X to the point where the lines intersect, and when I release it selects all the circles. The selection box is invisible but it functions as though it was green.

Here’s a gif I recorded.
LightBurn_4rdhnvxu7U

I have generated a report to take a closer look. Thank you for drawing our attention to this. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.