Norton White Tile - Diagonal streaks

First off, it’s my first time posting on here. I’ve been an active reader though. I’ve been burning tiles for about 6 months now and this is the first issue I’ve ran into that has stumped me. I have a Xtool D1 pro 20W and have been using lightburn for the photo editing. I’ve perfected my method when it comes to multiple layers of color with black on top, so I decided to go back to the Norton method and try to perfect the settings for it. After a week of running tests and dialing in the settings I got the best tile yet (the gnome). I was extremely happy with it so I painted up a bunch of tiles and started to do some more etches with the settings of the gnome. I’ve done 2 since the gnome and I’m getting these perfectly spaced diagonal streaks. Since then I’ve updated the software with no improvement. I don’t know what to do from here. I have a feeling it may be software side since the lines are almost perfect but honestly have no idea.

Can you provide a screenshot of your cut/layer?

Is your scan angle the same as the anomaly?

Sometimes you can get a Moiré effect from these a slight change in interval or dither might give you more acceptable results.

:smile_cat:

I will definitely take a picture when I get home. I appreciate the response. As far as I know, I didn’t change any of the settings with the interval or scan angle but maybe something got changed. I post my settings this evening.

You may not have… the original gnome graphic is probably different from the others you’re having trouble with.

Just a thought.

:smile_cat:

Here are the settings that I’m using at the moment.

Each image is different and will likely need its own settings! You can also check your lens to make sure its very clean as white tiles have been known to damage the diode focus lenses due to something.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.