Not able to set Machine settings in Lightburn

It tries to move had stays at home position. When I hit the get position button it says X -387 Y-387. I hit Move to position X 0 Y 0 it move to the top right of the machine. And when I hit the home button it goes to the proper home position at the bottom left of the machine

Does it go against the switches? You should hear small clicks and it does a little movement back away from the switch and then forward.

After you hit Home and it finishes, what do you get from Get Position? If it is 0,0, then it means it has successfully homed - Try framing your project!

If it still says the -387 coords, click on “Set Origin”, then Home, then try framing.

Yes it gives me the clicks. The get position is still shows X-387 Y-387 and when I hit go to origin to moves up top the top right even though I have followed your set origin instructions

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightburn and it still doesn’t work

I don’t know but maybe my G-code is screwed up

Gah, I wrote that wrong. It should be “Clear Origin” instead of Set Origin. That way you tell Lightburn that it should forget where it thinks the laser head is, and set that position to 0,0

This thread has useful information, looks like - it seems that in order for everything to persist you need to write an offset to the machine Homing after installing limit switches - #16 by Monster871

In your case it seems that what you want is to input

G10 L2 P1 X-387 Y-387

Then close Lightburn, shut off the machine, start everything back up, Home (hope it goes to 0,0)… and hopefully everything works

Tried it By monster and it didn’t work. Could my motherboard be bad?

What did you try and what didn’t work? Did you input your coords? Or the coords that were in there? What happens when you try to Home? What does “Get Position” report?

Get Position is now X -407 Y-387

I tried the Homing limit switch by Monster

Right, because you need to input your actual coordinates, not from someone elses - what happens if you Clear Origin?

i still get Z-407 Y-387

Then make sure it homes (the process works, you said, it just doesn’t update coords, right?)

After that enter the command -

G10 L2 P1 X-407 Y-387

That should get you to 0,0… I think :smiley:

It’s like my software isn’t letting me do much. It keeps me with the same settings

I keep getting Z-407 Y-387

the software doesn’t recognize where My laser is at and won’t let me change it

Do you have any suggestions on my next step?

Did you try what I mentioned above?

I tried it and I still get the Z-407 Y387