::Sigh:: Not connecting

Hi all,

I am of course having problems connecting my new machine to LightBurn.

Controller is not Ruida but a clone Ryxon KT332N

Initially the console would say “waiting for connection” and if I clicked extra info I received G0 ad infinitum.

After reading several threads and trying multiple things this is what I’ve tried and now I do not even receive “waiting for connection”.

I have tried both USB and Ethernet cable. I have checked that they work (they are brand new anyhow) and I even used older ones from my stash and my PC that I know work, no dice.

I have tried routing through a router. I’ve tried connecting with LaserGRBL, also no dice.

I made sure the laser and chiller, extractor are not on same circuit to get rid of noise.

I have uninstalled and re-installed (now I have the 1.02 version which I was hoping to avoid for a bit) and nothing is working at all. i have downloaded drivers as initially it wasn’t showing my USB as a COM port. I have ensured the USB ports don’t sleep.

While I’m not losing my mind yet, I would like to get this thing on shakedown run soon as I have plans and futzing with this thing is not among them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

How was your old machine connected? Is it still connected? Was the old laser machine a DSP or GCode controlled machine? Your new machine with a Ryxon controller will need a DSP license for Lightburn. Do you already have the DSP license?

1 Like

Old diode laser was connected via USB. It’s not still connected. Old diode was GCode. I’ve already upgraded my license and made sure I have DSP. I’ve been assured by LB that it will work for both. I wasn’t sure that the license went through so I uninstalled and reinstalled LB.

After reinstall I get no connection at all, it’s no longer even waiting.

And for those wondering, yes I used the correct USB port. I tried the other one just in case they wired it incorrectly. I might open it up and check some dip switches, am currently looking into that.

I prefer Ethernet connectivity to my machine. Have you read over this:

1 Like

Yeah I tried it. Am going to redo it all again.

Windows? You may need to install the FTDI driver for this controller if you have not done so before. Driver can be installed using the LightBurn installation. Driver is on the last page of that process. - Installing Lightburn - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check on this in the morning. I tried a lot of threads but clearly missed this one. Thank you.

OK so I uninstalled and reinstalled LightBurn while making dinner. I still don’t even get to “waiting for connection” with USB in either port, or even an ethernet cable hooked either directly or through a router.

Yes I rebooted my laptop after re-installing LightBurn.

I am not in a rush and I will continue to troubleshoot.

EDIT: I deactivated LIB and then reactivated to force the DSP license from the server and now I get “waiting for connection” and the G0 again, so a step in the right direction.

Closed.

Went over everything including forcing LB to get DSP if it didn’t get it already, reconfigured Ethernet and final thing was an ID 10 T error.

I had a number off in the controller IP config and had chosen wrong controller from device.

Now just need to align laser and am all set.

Thank you for the help @Rick and @Stroonzo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.