Not Enough Extended Space - Rotary Issue

Newbie question here, so please bare with me. I’ve taken a look at past discussions on the “Not Enough Extended Space” error, but I cannot any information related to my problem. I am trying to get a rotary setup on our laser to allow my students to engrave water bottles. When I test out a simple logo, everything works fine. If I create an image that I want to engrave all the way around the water bottle, the design gets about 7/8th of the way through the engrave, and I get flagged with the error.

To date, I have tried the following:

1. Move the graphic to the center of the screen
  2. Slowed down the speed from 150ms to 100ms

I totally understand why this error would be thrown if I was engraving a flat surface and getting to close to the edge of an object. I am at a loss as to why I am getting the error with a rotary, seeing that technically, there is no way that the head is getting to close to the edge.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How many degrees of rotation have you allowed in your rotary setup?
I had to increase the number of degrees of rotation allowed in order for it to process my projects.
You then have to ensure that you set your origin in the middle of the workspace. You do this by finding the maximum rotation and rewinding to the middle before setting the origin.

Thanks for the reply. I knew that there was someone out there who could help us out. I am a bit confused about the degrees of rotation in the setup. I am only able to change the number of steps per rotation. I’m sure I’m not looking at this correctly, but this is what I am able to adjust:
Rotary1

In Lightburn go to edit, then machine settings, then open U axis settings. There is a value for max travel. If you increase that value you will be able to do more rotations.

This is worth review. :slight_smile: Rotary Setup - LightBurn Software Documentation

Generally speaking the rotary is your axes and the machine just looks at limits that were set. If it’s a job that would go outside in the regular coordinates, you will get that error.

It’s also dependant on Coordinates and Job Origin in how you set it up from ‘start from’ and ‘job origin’ at your end.

150 meters/s is rather fast… :crazy_face:

Good luck…

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.