Not necessarly aligning center. This would be more like equal gapping

I am curious if anyone has a trick to how they do whatever this is officially called.

• The left circle and flask are aligned center. (The orange rectangle is to illustrate the outer dimensions).
  • The right circle and flask are manually aligned to evenly place the flask within the circle. (The pink inner circle is to illustrate the equal gap from the inner object). It is this I am curious about tricks on achieving (rather than manually aligning with reference lines etc…).

Oh and a high-five to anyone who has a fancy CAD term for that this is called. :slight_smile:

Center based on bounding circle, instead of bounding box, maybe?

In the right image, the flask is inscribed in the circle. Such terminology is common when describing operations such as a triangle inscribed in a circle or a circle inscribed in a triangle. For the outer stuff, not imaged here, it’s circumscribed.

inscribed:

are there bounding circles in LightBurn? I know, not really.

There aren’t, but there could be - we do some things internally based on circle fitting, because it’s faster to reject a shape in / out of a circle compared to a box.

Can you share the source file?

@fred_dot_u and @LightBurn,

Awesome new CAD terminology I have learned today! “Inscribe”; “Bounding Circle”.

I’m going to check fider to see if there’s been a feature request for centering based on bounding circle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.