Object drawn in Lightburn differs from what is output

I’m running Lightburn 1.4.02 on Windows 11 using an Ortur Aufero laser 1. On the morning of Friday, Oct.13 everything was perfect. Later that day, after switching the setting from mm to inches to check the size the drawings became distorted. I switched back to mm and drew a 30mm square, but what was burned into my wood is a 30mm (height) x 33mm (width) rectangle. Rotary is not enabled. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but the output remains the same. How can I fix this?

There are three ways that things can be drawn off-square.
You’ve identified the most common one, leaving the rotary device enabled.

The next one is axis calibration.

To check the calibration, with LightBurn open and connected to your engraver, type the following in the Console window in LightBurn:
$$
then press Enter.

The values for $100, $101, $102 are the step rate. This is what will get adjusted when an axis is calibrated.

Please select and copy the text from the Console window to capture this information and paste it into a reply here. Generally $100 should have the same value as $101 and for your Aufero Laser 1 they should both be equal to 80 steps per mm.

Ortur has published their settings here: Ortur – Firmware Repository – Ortur
It certainly helps.

The final thing that’s possible is a mechanical issue.

Using the Allen Key or Hex Wrench, confirm that all the set screws on the pulleys that drive the toothed belts are tight. These come loose on many models of engravers.

Gently move the head of the engraver around by hand to see if the engraver is binding or getting stuck within its range of motion. Binding can be caused by debris or sticking bearings or roller wheels.

Please let us know what you find.

thank you so much…problem solved

Glad it’s solved but please tell us what the solution was.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.