OMtech 20x28 engraving issues

I have a OMtech with a Ruida controller and running Light burn 1.2.04. When I try to use text about half come out straight but not the same style as I designed. Example an oval letter O comes out as a circle. Also some words are line up and some are acrhed. The word PLACES the PL are flat and correct the A is on a 25 degree angle to the right and the CES are correct and flat. Can someone help with my settings? Thanks

New machine or just happened? Maybe some pictures of the project.

Its a new machine and trying to get my rotary working. Some words come out fine others like places. The Any help would be appreciated. The cup is solid in the rotary

What kind of rotary to you have, chuck or wheel?

The pictures look like the mug is moving in the rotary… I know you stated it was ‘solid’, but you can’t tell when the machine is running if the mug skips a mm here and there…

I have a PiBurn rotary… it looks like it’s slipping the direction of the axes of the cup… mine will ‘walk’ if I’m not careful…

I’d ensure the mug is really ‘solid’… there isn’t much else that can cause this…

:smile_cat:

Thanks for the response. My rotary has the cup locked in place pretty well. I think I found the issue. I was using fill and it kept engraving bad. I switched to Offset fill and it seems to have taken care of the issue. I hope it does.
Thanks again.

Offset fill does some strange movements with the head…

Interesting… thanks for the update…

:smile_cat:

Might be a long shot but read this about skewed engraving and check the PWM rising in machine settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.