Omtech 60 w controller will not light up or respond

I’m at a loss. I have a kt332n controller on my omtech laser. I was powered up and about to run a job when the control panel went dark suddenly. From that moment I have not been able to get any response from the panel. The laser doesn’t home or respond in any way when it is turned on. It is definitely receiving power because the toggle switches for the laser and for the control switch glow red, and turning the control switch on will light up the LED lights that I wired in a while ago. Are there any things to check or try before I just order a new control panel? I would order the RDC6445G from omtech unless something else would be better.

Can you connect to the Ruida via Lightburn?

Sounds like a power failure, but there are at least a couple of supplies in these.

Check the Ruida 24V supply…

:smile_cat:

I

can’t connect via lightburn. It says that there is no device found.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Check the 24V supply.

yes, I do and I’ll check it right now

Nothing. That would explain a lot

Does this usually mean that the entire power supply needs replacement or that the wiring is bad from the power supply to the controller?

Most of these Chinese power supplies are not built to be fixed by someone.

If you don’t get 24V out of it, you have to change it out.

If you mean fuse of something, nothing is consistent and they generally aren’t going to put extra money into these… I’d figure nothing inside is really serviceable. The supplies themselves are lower cost than paying someone to fix them.

Ensure you’ve diagnosed it properly…

Yeah, thats kind of what I thought, that it just needs replacing. Can you point me in any direction to ensure I’ve diagnosed it properly? Because that’s what my goal is right now, finding the problem and replacing what isn’t working. I’m not knowledgeable enough on my own, but I do follow directions pretty well :slight_smile: I just wanted to point out that the power supply (in the silver cage) has lights that light up on the lower right hand side of the picture I posted above. Does this change anything?

Is there any identifier on these lights? A photo might help.

Can you use a voltmeter?

If so, just measure the output voltage going to the Ruida.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.