OMTECH chuck rotary & 60W Red&Black laser

You sound surprised…

If you read much about these… they have some quality control issues…

Settle down… You’ve got it, you can get it up.

If you have to question which of these options, you’re going to have problems…

Do it right the first time…

This kind of ‘hacking’ always comes back and bites you…

Once you hack it, you have to hack every replacement… just what you’re griping about :crazy_face:

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I fix the wiring but the $%&% rotary dont work anyway, now can spin in the right diretion but I can’t find the right steps if I used less than 8000 dont spin all the 360 degrees but if I put over there move 2.5 all around laps argghhhhh

I see that you had the same drive that me the DM545A in the both axis!!! mut be the change of drivers dont fix my problem

If they are the same motors, they should have the same step rate.

Can you ensure what the motors on the machine are compared to the one on the rotary. Did they tell you which motor was on it?

Maybe easier to just change the motor…

What wiring did you have to change? I’m starting to get skeptical…

when you plug your rotary dont change nothing in the pins driver? unplug the y axis and plug the rotary without change nothing?

Yes… pretty much…

I have a configuration that ‘slows’ all the axes down so I don’t throw cups off the rotary… but the hardware is just unplug the table and plug in the rotary.

That’s why I’m concerned about what’s happening with your machine…

I did it!!! change the controler driver and rechek the cables and Work it!!! but I don’t try with the regular axis yet

Great you have it working… Let us know how it works out when you go back to the table…

Good luck

working good!!! I discovered that not all laser machines put the cables in the same order in the socket and neither do the rotarys bring them in the same order. OMTECH rotary come for the own OMTECH laser machine way. I forgot about the diagrams, looked up which was which with the driver and rewired the rotor based on that and it worked!

That’s an example of the ‘general Chinese design’ by the government. The look the same but they are not.

With my rotary, I had to swap it around when I first got it, the image was mirrored. The two phases were swapped…

Good luck

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.