OMtech cutter no longer working

Hi, this is my first post on here and I would massively appreciate any help I can get! We purchased an OmTech machine approximately 2 years ago, and were originally using RDWorks with an old Windows laptop. It worked ok, but we then decided to upgrade to Lightburn which we installed on a Mac. This again worked ok for a while, but gradually the laser cutter started to behave erratically. It seemed like there was a major communication error between the computer and laser cutter, then finally it seems to have stopped communicating completely. Iā€™ve tried to contact the OMTech people but they just said to swith back to RD Works (which I tried but it didnt work). In any case I found Lightburn to be far superior and would want to use this instead. Can anyone help? Many thanks :slight_smile:

How are you connected tot he Ruida, usb or Ethernet.

Iā€™d suggest Ethernet as usb has a host of issues and the local network seems to be a lot more dependable.

You wonā€™t find better software then Lightburn for lasers. If it showed the same issue with RDWorks then you need hunt down where the failure is occurring.

USB or Ethernet?

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Lightburn is the GOAT :goat:,
What kind of problems are you having? Are they laser being able to fire related or just plain not working? Have you used your laser extensively during the past two years?

It could also mean that your tube might need replacing.

:clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Weā€™ve been using a USB cable to connect. The tube seems to be ok still as it can test fire, it just doesnt really respond to any commands from Lightburn. Or if it does, it goes off on crazy tangents and moves either too quickly or slowly, and doesnā€™t cut.

Weā€™ve been using a USB cable to connect. The tube seems to be ok still as it can test fire, it just doesnt really respond to any commands from Lightburn. Or if it does, it goes off on crazy tangents and moves either too quickly or slowly, and doesnā€™t cut.

It sounds like a communications issueā€¦

Did you check the Ruida to ensure the ā€˜errā€™ led isnā€™t illuminatedā€¦

At this point, Iā€™d advise an Ethernet connection to see if there is some problem with usbā€¦ Of course youā€™ve tried other usb cablesā€¦

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.