OmTech laser does not frame but i can hear it

hello, new here. Ive switched from using EZcad2 and bought lightburn. before I could just hit f1 and it would show a red square on table that i could align part to. In lightburn when i hit “frame” it bring up a window with 3 frame options. I can hear the laser whirring around when the window is up but it does not create a visual on the table.
ive read only 3 other instances with similar problem. 2 of which I dont even have the option to try
-enable fire button(dont have)
-port change(how?)
Ive watched dozens of setup videos and none of them mention or have this issue…

hoping for some guidance. not sure what screenshots or info can help to start. please advise.
thank you
hardware: omtech 30 galvo/fiber
cpu: dell workstation, i9 3.4gh, quadro A2000 8g, 64 g ram

This is my controller BJJCZ USBLMCV4…

I’m assuming you can hear the galvo, but no laser…?

1. focus is critical with these, the shorter the lens the more precision required
  2. likely that you have a Raycus or JPT source…

I’d try changing the source in the device settings to something other than IPG_…

Did you import the proper configuration file from EZCad2 when you set up the device…?

You might have to enable the led, which is also in the device settings. I/O ports you can turn on one of the led spots…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

hello, thank you for reply,

i just checked and confirmed my controller in device manager. identical to yours and i hit update driver. says im currently using best driver

you are correct, i hear it but no visual. It engraves with no issue, i just cant align or see visual size before sending

ive tried all 4 raycus, ipg_ylp, ipg_ylpm, and JPT

yes, it was imported from the markcfg7 file provided with ezcad2 purchase of the laser

please elaborate more on the led and I/o spots… i havent been able to make any changes to those…?

thank you

do you know what is in the machine? Is it a MOPA or q-switch?

Do you have a link to the machine for me to read?

What I’m understanding is that it will lase, but there is no red outline for part alignment…?

This is a red dot enable in the device settings. If it’s missing, then your hardware doesn’t support that option… Enable Q-pulse is not available in many machines.

My understanding is that this is done within the laser source. Does it work properly with EZCad2?

If you continue to have issues, might want to drop a note to support@lightburnsoftware.com about the issue… include this thread…

Good luck

this is correct. laser works fine, just cant see anything before printing. borders or likewise so i risk etching table and missing parts altogether.

here is the exact model my company bought from omtech:

I have edited the first post with my current setting, I have red dot enabled but i havent messed with q-pulse. I will check on mopa or q-switch tommorow as im leaving for the day today and really dont know which it is

i will try EZCAD2 and as well .
thanks for the help so far

This is a Raycus source, so I’d set the fiber type to Raycus. You probably won’t have control over the q-pulse, but it should outline.

This is in the advertisement link you posted …

thank you,
-I have set it to raycus and messed with settings after with no success.
-I looked everywhere for something to tell me if its mopa or q-switch but didn’t find anything.
-it does work with ezcad2
I will send email to support.

If the link you sent me was accurate, then the laser source is a Raycus… For the price on the add, I doubt it’s a mopa model.

If you imported the configuration file that was shipped with it, it should have all this set up…

I’d reload this… via the edit device… if it works with EZCad2, then it should be the same for Lightburn… These are where most of your settings exists…

Good luck

Hello,

I am having this same issue, I’m running lightburn on ubuntu jammy, using EZcad will fire the red dot. With lightburn I can hear the red dot moving but not turning on. I have a Omtech 30w fiber laser (FM6969-30S) JCZ board, here are the device settings:

I am running lightburn with sudo, ezcad in wine is working normally.

This should not be needed… check this thread…

If none of this solves your issue, might want to ask for help with an email to support@lightburnsoftware.com and ask if they have any idea… include this thread.

I’ve seen this more than once… it was solved but the user never advised us how…

If it’s just the framing red laser might read this forum. The red dot port might need to be configured.

1 Like

Hello,

I got it working, set red dot to port 4 and red dot to always on:

@Dragiin I think that should work for you as well

thank you for replies,

unfortunately ive already tried this and actually tried every port # for all 3 dropdown menu’s with no result.
im currently re-installing everything new as all research leads to this same answer that port 4 fixes everyone but sadly not mine. hoping a new install might fix it.

ive sent email to support with this thread, ill be curious to see what they may be able to add to fix this.

ill post result

Im happy to say It is working now. I did a fresh install of lightburn.

first i uninstalled ezcad and lightburn completely from cpu, then i uninstalled the driver from device manager. fresh slate. I did not re-intstall ezcad and ran the lightburn setup only. checked the box for it to install ezcad driver and ran program.
-i then imported the markcfg7 in devices and just went to port 4 first and its working.
the only change i saw during this process from initial install was the markcfg7 file said raycus this time instead of ipg_ylm. i think this was the key to the whole thing based on previous posts.
its not a fix, but it might help others.
thanks for help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.