One of a kind wallet

I wanted to give my Dad a special gift for his 90th birthday. A few months ago, I saw a picture of a wallet on the Lightburn forum made by @ARTESANOwallets.

I really liked how the wallet looked, and contacted Albert via message. After finding out that Albert ships to the United States, we decided to move forward.

Most of my pictures that would be engraved on the leather were poor quality. But, they were pictures that meant something to my Dad. I cropped out the background for most of them, and Albert did the rest.

Here is a Lightburn link to some pictures of the wallet.

Here is a link to the Instagram for Albert that shows his pictures and processes.
https://www.instagram.com/artesanowallets/

I gave the wallet to my Dad last night, and he said it was beautiful, and the best present he ever received. Albert made the whole process very easy. If anyone here is interested in purchasing a one of a kind wallet or coin purse, consider purchasing from @ARTESANOwallets.

Quería darle a mi papá un regalo especial por su 90 cumpleaños. Hace unos meses vi una foto de una billetera en el foro de Lightburn hecha por @ARTESANOwallets.

Me gustó mucho cómo se veía la billetera y contacté a Albert por mensaje. Después de enterarnos de que Albert realiza envíos a los Estados Unidos, decidimos seguir adelante.

La mayoría de mis imágenes que serían grabadas en el cuero eran de mala calidad. Pero eran fotos que significaban algo para mi papá. Recorté el fondo de la mayoría de ellos y Albert hizo el resto.

AquĂ­ hay un enlace de Lightburn a algunas fotos de la billetera.

AquĂ­ hay un enlace al Instagram de Albert que muestra sus fotos y procesos.
https://www.instagram.com/artesanowallets/

5 Likes

I took a look and this wallet is really amazing. I will try to contact him and maybe he can give me some advise how i can engrave my wallets.Never did this before so i want make sure doing it right the first time.

Gracias por los elogios. Haz pruebas antes de hacer nada, intenta hacer un grabado con poca intensidad y una velocidad media/alta. Aplica un protector una vez este echo el grabado. Dejo imagen de lo que estoy haciendo en este momento, por si te inspira. Es un cartera para mi uso personal.

1 Like

i want a great dad gift.

artesanowallets@gmail.com gracias.

i want a great dad gift.

I wonder if putting water with borax in it would make the laser artwork super dark like it does on wood.

No hace falta, el cuero lo puedes teñir con tintes, yo utilizo FIEBING’S, puedes elegir el color. El tono depende de la aplicación, yo lo aplico con un aerógrafo, las técnicas tradicionales lo aplican con una ¨muñeca¨ en cualquier caso, al aplicar el tinte varias veces en el mismo lugar, por capas, se va oscureciendo el tono, cuanto mas lo apliques mas oscuro quedara.