Ongoing problems connecting Mac to Xtool D1 Pro

macOS 13 Ventura but had problem before Ventura.
I always end up getting connected but what is totally frustrating is I can’t find a sequence that always works. Has anyone figured it out?
Don’t want to get into discussions on drivers etc. I have the right drivers loaded.
Some common things that lead to success - it always seems to work more often if I have connected to the XTool with their software first, which always connects first time whatever the day, the weather, or the moon phase is.
It works better if you wait a while before launching Lightburn after Xtool and if you have got stuck with Lightburn giving the port in use thing. Once you get that I have never connected if I don’t close Lightburn and wait a bit before trying things again. Anyway, I will keep trying to see if I can reproduce a sequence that always ends in success.

I think the fact the Xtool control board comes alive in some manner just from the USB power before the power is supplied may have some bearing. Lightburn usually shows Ready in the Laser panel rather than disconnected whenever the USB cable is plugged in. Xtool powered up or not. While the Console shows Waiting for connection… or whatever.

I almost forgot when I did the below instructions, which I have no idea where I found them so apologies to the author, the success rate shot up. At first I thought it was “The Fix”. I excluded all the com drivers except the correct FTDI one:

You can force LightBurn to ignore ports by creating a PortExclude.txt file, which seems like it would help with your current problem.
• Go to File >> Open Prefs Folder to open LightBurn’s prefs directory
• Create a file called PortExclude.txt
• In that file, list the ports you want to exclude, exactly as they show up in the port selection drop down in LightBurn. Each port should be on its own line
• Save the file, and LightBurn will ignore the ports you’ve told it to filter out

BTW - I know that X-Tool are not very helpful explaining their hardware to anyone so I know the Lightburn people have a challenge.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.