Optimization Settings for multi-out Fill

I’m just starting up with my first commissioned pieces, and I am going to be burning a few hundred candle toppers. Whenever I set any quantity of them vertically, the complete time is extremely fast, because the raster fills only burn the length of the words being filled. However, if I include any horizontal number in the array, the burn time massively increases because of all the excess travel time to burn the entire row at once, rather than back and forth for the short text section, and then move over to the next group. I’m not sure my settings are perfect here for speeds, but they’re at least close. 5 vertically arranged is ~2.5 min, but 30 in an array is over 1h? Should only be around 15-20 min.

1 Like

In the Fill layer settings, change ‘Fill all shapes at once’ to ‘Fill by groups’, then group your main shape before creating the array of it.

1 Like

Thank you! I just needed to dig further to see that there were additional layer settings that I wasn’t aware of. That fixed it perfectly.

1 Like

If you are willing, please make Oz’s reply a ‘Solution’. This helps when others are looking for similar information, assisting with search results. :slight_smile: Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.