Optimum Machine Settings

Good evening everyone, I’m here to ask a favour from some of you using Lightburn Laser software. I have gone back to running the Masuter Pro in Laser mode to give it another chance to behave!!!

Whilst I was setting it up, it offered another upgrade which I accepted. Everything appeared fine until I decided to do a jog and homing test. The homing test was fine but the jog test is all over the place. The X axis and the Y axis will only travel in one direction whichever direction is selected. All was fine before the upgrade, now screwed up.

My speeds and feeds have changed and I can’t remember what they were. (I know I should have written them down, but I didn’t).

Would some kind person let me have the optimum settings to revive my Fox Alien Masuter Pro?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

The upgrade, controller I assume, was for the controller board. It probably changes some parametr settings to default values, but those wewe not right for your machine.

Okay, now we get to work…

Homing is fine, so motor direction is good. That leaves commanded direction. Are you saying if you Jog +, then try to Jog -? And it will jog -, but then not plus? A better explanation of what is happening would help here.

In the Console Window, enter these commands and then copy & paste the results in your reply.
$I
$$
$#
?
This information is needed to diagnose your problem.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will do the test tomorrow and let you have the results when complete. Best regards.

Sorry, I forgot to add. Yes, X and Y will only jog the same way no matter which direction arrow is pressed + and - only respond to plus direction. Same direction of travel. I hope that makes sense. I will let you have the results of test tomorrow. Once again, many thanks.

Thank the forum, not me. Most of what I know comes from them.

Hi Mike .First of all a big thank you to you and of course all of the forum members for sharing their wealth of knowledge. The solution was very simple in the end. Re-install the laser machine drivers. All’s well that ends well. Best regards:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.