Ortur Laser Master 3 LE Repeatedly Losing Connection Connected on Wifi

Hello all,

I have the Ortur Laser Master 3 LE and I have been using it for a couple of months on WIFI without a problem at all. As of today I have had the problem where it flickers between “Ready” and “Disconnected” on the “Laser” panel on Lightburn when I fire it up. I just used this laser yesterday into the early hours of this morning without a problem however I have been troubleshooting another issue regarding LB recognizing my cameras (I have two lasers each with cameras) which has involved a lot of restarting my computer, and lightburn and in the process tweaking camera based settings and importing prefs from days or weeks ago when the camera was functioning properly. While camera issue has not been resolved I just wanted to go ahead and start lasering some projects when I noticed the new connection issue, the OLM3LE button has even turned red and as I type this the device is disconnected.

Can someone please help?

Please note that where I have my laser located and with where my computer is I cannot simply plug it into my computer via USB anymore as the cord isn’t long enough and my ports on my laptop are exhausted. I have an externally powered USB hub in the mail and perhaps when it arrives I’ll consider switching back to a wired connection but I’d prefer to see how to fix the wireless connection first if possible.

Here is the message from the console menu

[ORIGIN:China]
[PRODUCER:ORTUR]
[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]
[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3 Lite]
[OLF:209]
[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4D]
[OLM:GENERAL]
[DATE:20230202]
[SN:02F5CF9E1ECF34EA0939A620895EBF3E]
[VER:1.1f.20220325:]
[OPT:VNZHS+,63,131071,3,0]
Target buffer size found
[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,UD,CLU,WIFI,FTP,TMC=3,SD,ITG,GT,YRR]
[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]
[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]
[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]
[DRIVER VERSION:220327]
[DRIVER OPTIONS:GIT-NOTFOUND]
[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3 Lite]
[TYPE:OLM3LE]
[CLUSTER:16]
Cluster size found
[NETCON:Telnet]
[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]
[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]
[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]
[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]
[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]
[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]
[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]
[PLUGIN:GADGET v1.00]
[PLUGIN:YRR v1.00]

From what I read several times, wired is the way to go, But…
With your description, I would suspect WiFi interference as the culprit. Could be from outside, could be from something you moved in your house or garage. As a Ham Radio guy, I know tracking down interference can be a real PITA.

There is a WiFi Analyzer app (Droid, IOS, PC) that you might find useful. If nothing else, it is fun to watch.

I believe with the firmware you have (209) there are commands to show the wifi connection signal strength, etc.
$WI

I use a higher gain antenna, the factory unit is marginal.

Thank you for this idea. I already have a wired USB hub on the way so I’ll look into a super long and powerful USB cord but I need to make money on these machines before I invest more in them at this point and I just need to get them up and running. I’ll start first with the app and see what I can find out.

Would I have to be connected to the laser to get that information? Because right now I can’t seem to maintain a connection for more than a couple seconds if at all.

Based on your “few seconds” comment, have you tried rebooting the router AND laser. Sometimes my devices at home, not all at the same time, will go dumb on the WiFi connection. It will be any one device at random. I have no idea why, and I was in I.T. for a while.

If you can’t get a console connection via WiFi, you’ll need to run a USB. You can only enter the command at the console.

Some lasers come with software that can connect to your laser via smartphone app. These often also allow a console access.

I just tried this and it appeared to have worked. I just moved around the cords and things hanging around the wifi router and then restarted everything including the router and now everything is back to working again.

Thank you so much, I will mark this as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.