Ortur LM2 20W more power than Neje Master 2s max 30W?!

Hi there,
i have two diode lasers in usage:

• Ortur Laser Master 2 20w (lu1-4)
  • Neje master 2s max 30w (40630)

The issue is, that the engarving with the ortur laser head is much more powerful. at same settings (speed and power) on the same material, the engraving with ortur is really much (!) better. not in the fine details, there are nearly same. but the ortur engrave is much deeper into the wood.

i have tested so many things and have no idea what could be the problem. if the results were identical, that would be ok. but this behaviour is a problem to me.

anyone here has an idea?

I have little knowlege in these things but I would suspect the Neje master 2s max 30w is ether over rated or you have a setting on that machine that is limiting the max power.

Cheap laser engravers tout their laser’s “input power”, but the “optical power” or “output power” on the output side of the lens is what actually burns the target.

One of the NEJE lasers has this in the description:

30W engraving module and 5.5W output power

One of the myriad 20W Ortur lasers on Amazons:

The laser engraving output power is 1W-1.6W

That seems to be the reverse of what you find, but, frankly, I expect both claims to be … optimistic.

As always, the big print giveth and the fine print taketh away. Finding the fine print on Amazon may require both a magnifying glass and a willing suspension of disbelief.

This is greatly imprecise
LU1-2 = 1.6W
Lu1-3 = 4.5W
Lu1-4 = 5.5W

I have data on the nejes output but for obvious reasons i wont do direct comparations. But yes the LU1-4 will even beat the “40W” module from neje on pure optical output stand point.
However power is NOT all. the little 20W neje old module had an outstanding dot size performance.

Agreed, but trying to find an Amazon listing with any particular laser part number is futile. The LU1-4 page on the Ortur site was particularly unhelpful, so I settled for one example.

thanks for your reply. are you an ortur official?

when i replace my neje with a ortur laser master 2 pro with expansion set and lu2-10a, will it be a real upgrade for the engraving speed?

Yes i am ortur official

Answering your question requires context.
What are your NEEDS exactly

But in absolute terms, yes for sure a huge upgrade. LU2-10 will give you realistic 10W output, which you can use - to some extent to double your engraving speed. Again depends on your needs design type etc exact needs

Is always hard to give advise or confirmation of “will it do better” in abstract terms.

1 Like

yes, i understand that argument.

in fact, we engrave mostly wood, 90% beech. the engraving designs are mostly little motives for children, little outline figures, much text and personalized items.
the problem at the moment is, that the ortur with lu1-4 and the neje could theoretically move faster, but the laser is not able to engrave the motive “deep enough” with more speed, so we have to slower it down to get the results we want.

Right

Raster operations - wher module moves side to side and raises 1 line at a time can by definition be ran much faster

The vector work has a physical limit on how fast it can be ran because of the fast motions

The LU2-10 would help with depth for sure i think with a Pro frame you could go at least twice as fast.
Optimizing the cuts some you could maybe go slightly faster.
Raster engraving i been doing some engravings in 1/3rd of the time.

ok, thanks for your help. i thing i will order the lm2 pro with extension kit.
a bigger version of the lm3 is not to expect? the case looks not “expansionable”.

best regards

Extension kit for the OLM3 is to be in retailers by end of august

Same system of extension

thanks for your reply.

i have bought the LM2 Pro with LU2-10 and extension kit.

the neje runs actually at 60% speed compared to my “old” ortur laser master 2 lu1-4, which has nearly 3000 working hours on its back.

this seems to be the only way to get the quality that i’m used to from the ortur engraving. also the whole neje case is wobbling like a gummy bear, if it’s not screwed down, what reduces the speed as well (acceleration values are ludicrous. as if the case was build with paper straws.
i can not recommend this machine in any way (neje).

All machines have their trade offs
Not on single brand has a “perfect” machine

Ortur - and i am biased, we are focusing on stability, speed and reability
other brands are going for POWAAAAA but that implies heavier modules - therefore less speed

In an ideal world, one would have 1 machine of each set of upsides, and use each machine to do the work it does best.

However budgets are complicated. we always have to try to use 1 screwdriver to screw and unscrew ALL screw types :smiley: lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.