Ortur LM2 Pro Rotary setup

Trying to set up my Ortur YRR rotary on my Ortur LM2Pro SF. I followed some docs and videos and I have it working, sort of. If I go into rotary setup, put in my numbers then click test, it does one revolution and comes back. When I go to design mode I make a rectangle 409mm H (circumference of object) and then 4mm W. Then I click Start, it tells me it’s out of bounds, which should be fine since it rolling it around. Then it makes 4 revolutions and then fires the laser. I haven’t let it finish the burn, because I don’t think that’s right. If I had a mug with a handle, that certainly wouldn’t work. I saw in some videos the rotarty setup says steps per revolution and they put in like 4400. Mine says mm per revolution, I put in the circumference of the object because I want the object to turn once. So what am I missing?

I messed this up last week.

The box that says [mm per rotation] is the Belly Error. After you draw the 4mm belt across your tumbler the belt will overlap like a belt or it won’t reach around its belly. Measure that error in “engraved belt length” and enter the small error in the box.

Set that for zero and redo your test.

Everything else looks good. (from here) :smiley:

so right now it does 4 rotations before starting. should I set the number pretty low, maybe to just get 1 turn, then test and check for overlap/shortage? Not sure how I would measure from 4 full turns lol

set [mm per rotation] to Zero and retest.

1 Like

ok, ended up with 62.22
does this just get set once, or for each different size object.
Thanks again for the help

is it a 62.2 belt overlap or a 62.2mm shortage of belt?

I guess shortage? I made the box as wide as my circumference, and 4mmH when it finished the burn there was a gap / shortage I increased the number until the ends met.

may be another issue for another post, but just in case you know.
I saved my machine settings, then set the rotary settings and saved that one. I load the rotary profile and use it. shut down, when I power it up the machine just blinks and gives an error state (i think it was jog or something. I’ll get it next time I’m home) The only way to get it back to work is to load the normal profile, write that wait for it to clear and then load rotary again. (for the time being I write normal profile back before shutting down, then hold the limit switch when it starts it homing sequence)

That’s a really interesting workflow problem… Please start up a thread about that to help others. It can’t go home because the switch isn’t on the rotary - I can think of one way to address it but there may be better ways.

A post was split to a new topic: Meaning of “mm per revolution” Atomstack X7 with rotary