Ortur LM2PRO Not engraving/cutting as shown in preview

Definitly some belt issues or at least motion issues
Notice, and you might be able to confirm this
Your Circle is not a circle is slightly squished on the top and bottom
Also your Font Y and X are not correct

Could you please provide a couple images of your belts, and review each motor → sprocket connector to confirm that both the small Set screws are fully tight?
Lastly if you move the gantry all the way to the back, are both side wheels touching the frame at the same distance? as in is the frame square with the Y gantry
I suspect Y belts need some work but only a visual inspection could let me confirm

I seen you had posted a picture sorry
So review this screws (highlighted red)

TEnsion the RIGHT side belt and the X belt (Green)
The X belt requiers you to unlock the tensioner by loosening the nut first
1 full turn should sufice

How may I know which one needs to be adjusted? how can i read the test? I’m doing the test and it gets a little better but then i guess i overtighten it and it goes bad again how can i read the test so i may know weather to tighten/ untighten and which axis needs adjusting

@OrturTech

In this case you can simply visually compare the tension of your left belt vs the right belt
You notice the right belt is much more sunk into the rail, denoting lack of tention.

In the test i highlighted the zones of concern
Your Circle is “top and bottom compressed”
And the lettering dont show even spacing on both legs of the X for example

I have my LM2PRO adjusted fine. It does small fonts well. My problem is getting it to cut 5mm plywood, even in a straight line. Are there any tricks to this that I am missing?

Do you have air assist?

1 Like

Are you focusing at the TOP of bottom of the material when setting up for cutting?
Speed/Power settings, Passes?

Yes, mostly. I tried at the top and I tried like 1 mm down as well. Speed, I have tried 100 mm and 6 passes and others. I know I am doing something obviously stupid.
What would you suggest to try off hand for cutting 5 mm plywood? I am willing to say I am completely ignorant and am doing something obviously idiotic.

No air assist. Sorry. I am a newbie.

1 Like

Think of the focal point of your laser as the sharpest part of your blade.
If you are trying to go into 5mm of material, by the time you are half way in you are roughtly out of focus

So you want the sharpest part at the deepest part of your cut
I sugest this
Focus without the material you want to cut on the bed of the machine
Then place material on top.
You will be at a focus offset of -5mm So your focus is “inside” and at th bottom of the material to cut

100mm/min correct, not 100mm/sec by mistake?
At taht speed it will get very burny but needs to cut through, if not we need to see whats going on with the diode

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.