Output is much lighter than in the past

A project completed a month ago was dramatically darker than a current project for the same vector logo. Since then I had upgraded to MacOS 10.15.3 and had purged files, including preference and app support files. With no other obvious changes to the setup, are there some basic settings I lost and need to rebuild? Any other ideas on how to increase and control the burn output?

I’m using a J Tech, 7w laser, mounted on a Shapeoko CNC.

TIA

You should read through the GRBL setup blurb here to make sure you’ve set things properly: https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/CommonGrblSetups.md

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, Rick. After posting I recalled some set up steps J-Tech provided and was looking for that info.

FTR:

Using Lightburn on Shapeoko3 and X Carve Machines

Deleted Post: User error

As a note, I verified the settings and changed $10=0 to get the origin to work. One minor PITA that needs to be remembered and repeated every time I switch between Carbide Motion & Fireburn is having to reset settings in Carbide Motion & re-inputting when back to laser:

$10=0
$30 = 255
$31 = 0
$32 = 1

I did not have to do this before making the $10=0 change and using the macros. Can a macro be created to input the values after switching to laser from CNC mode? How might this affect the CNC settings and can that be reversed in FB?

TIA

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.