Part of Graphic Lighter than other parts

I have an infinity ribbon graphic in a design. When I run it part of the ribbon is darker than other parts. Any ideas what might be causing this?

A picture would be helpful or provide some information about the material. Is this consistent (always darker in the same area)?

Don’t worry about the tracks in the middle. Material is walnut.

Now show what this looks like in LightBurn. Please post a full-screenshot including showing the ‘Cuts / Layers’ window. What does this look like in ‘Preview’? Post that as well.

I actually used 80% for power.

I do not see any issues with the art and how you have the settings. I was thinking it might be the grain darkening more in that section but the marking is so definitive making that less likely.

I had some same thoughts with the grain but discounted them as well. Thanks for taking a look at it.

If this piece of walnut is not considered scrap or a testing piece, I might run some additional jobs to see if this can be reproduced in the subsequent results.

1 Like

This is why I asked the material and if it were a consistent issue. Wood grain is absolutely not absolute. The best advice I can give when engraving solid wood subject to grain and density variation is go slower than normal.

It is a scrap piece of walnut that I tested on. Going to try again on another one.

How slow with what power?

Try on some plywood or MDF and see what happens.

Ok thanks again.

That’s the $1MM answer. :slight_smile:

Trial and error, and a good testing grid can help with this Million-dollar question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.