Pass-through modifications?

I was curious if there is a way to update the software to allow for different scan angles during pass-through? Currently you are only offering 0 degree and 90 degree scan while pass-through is active.
Because my laser has terrible banding, i have found that 78 degrees is the closest to 90 degrees that i can get (90 being the better scan angle for my diodes orientation) to 90 degrees, while still preventing banding.

If you are referring to the Ruida, it doesn’t do so well with anything that is not 90 deg increments…

How does this relate to pass through … physical or layer setting?

:smile_cat:

Sorry, i always forget to put my machine in when i post. This is on an ortur laser master 2 pro. No ruidda on this one.
This is a layer settings issue. As i stated in my original post, 0 or 90 degree produces banding and the only way to offset that, is to change the scan angle just enough off of those hard settings so that the x and y axis movements blend a little
With pass-through only offering 0, 90, 180 and 270, i cannot process images with dithers from other programs and then selecting pass-through, because banding is insane
Also, good lord. I did try an off scan number on my ruidda and you are right. That thing went nuts. Was making a loud buzzing noise and moving really slowly. I havent tried that again lol

It’s not possible to “pass through” an image directly to the hardware unless you are scanning precisely horizontally or vertically. The pixels in the original image are in a grid, so I have to stick to that grid or you’ll get resampling artifacts.

You’re likely getting banding because you’re not running integer multiples of the step count on your Ortur.

For example, if your OLM2 uses 80 motor steps per mm, that means exactly 8 steps to move 0.1mm, or 2032 steps per inch. 318 DPI doesn’t divide evenly into 2032 - it’s about 6.39 steps for each of those 318 dots, but the laser can only move in whole steps, so it moves 6, then 7, then 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 7 … and so on.

Interval values that result in whole steps are:

0.1mm - 8 steps (254 DPI)
0.0875mm - 7 steps (~290 DPI)
0.075mm - 6 steps (~339 DPI)
0.0625mm - 5 steps (~406 DPI)

1 Like

Ohh, that is interesting. I typically go with the standard 318dpi and some times 423 depending. I purchased .9 steppers to help with that concept, but have yet to swap them out. I also bought different tooth count pulleys. I guess its time i get around to seapling things lol. Ty all

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.